How do I book my desired date?

                The Cider Mill books events on a first-come, first-serve basis.  If you wish to have us host your event, please let us know as soon as possible and we will tentatively schedule your date.   Once your contract is signed and the initial deposit of $250 is received, the date is yours.  If we do not receive your deposit within 10 days of signing the contract, the date will be marked as available.


May I use my own caterer/bartender?

            We prefer that our guests use “Drink and Be Married” as their bartender, as Rae and her team have years of experience, are very affordable, and will guarantee your event goes smoothly.  The preferred vendors tab on our website lists several excellent caterers, but you may use whomever you’d like as long as they are certified and have liability insurance.


May we prepare our own food/desserts?

                To ensure the health and safety of all our guests, all food at our events must be prepared by individuals that are ServSafe food safety certified.  All professional caterers should have staff that are certified under this program.  All food must be prepared in advance in a licensed kitchen, as we do not have such facilities available.


Are there bathrooms at your venue?

            Yes, we have two ADA handicap-accessibly rest rooms that are located inside the barn.


Is the barn heated/air-conditioned?

            The barn is not insulated, so it does not have central heat or air-conditioning.  We have oscillating fans installed on the upper beams to move air, and sliding doors at the back of the barn that may be opened if you choose.  For unusually chilly occasions, we have two propane patio heaters available.


What are our responsibilities for cleanup?

                Clients and/or their caterers are responsible for clearing and undressing all tables.  This includes collecting and bagging all trash and service items such as cups, bottles, napkins, etc.  Trash and recycling must be placed in the bins provided.  All items brought in by clients, including service items and decorations must be bagged for disposal or loaded and removed by the time specified in the contract. 


Is smoking allowed?

                Smoking is not allowed in or near the barn or any of the buildings, including vape and e-cigarettes.  Smoking is permitted in the designated smoking areas and all smoking litter must be properly disposed of in the receptacles provided.


What is event insurance and why do we need it?

            Special event insurance (or one-day event insurance) can help protect you from financial loss resulting from event cancellation, property damage, injuries that may occur during the event, etc.  Most venues require clients to purchase this general liability insurance to protect both the clients and the venue owners.  Contact your current homeowner’s or renter’s insurance company for information.  Most policies cost around $150 for $1,000,000 in coverage.


What is your policy on same-sex marriage?

            The Cider Mill does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or nationality. Everyone is welcome at Wyndswept Farm.